Sunday, August 21, 2016

MAN GOES BLIND IN 1 EYE AFTER MAKING A MISTAKE THAT MANY PEOPLE MAKE EVERY DAY


MAN GOES BLIND IN 1 EYE AFTER MAKING A MISTAKE THAT MANY PEOPLE MAKE EVERY DAY

Chad Groeschen, 39, of Cincinnati, Ohio, is sharing his experience as a warning after sleeping with his contact lenses in caused him to go blind in his left eye, according to the Huffington Post. Groeschen was wearing contact lenses that claimed they are safe for overnight wear, according to a news report by ABC Channel 9 On Your S
An ordinary afternoon that seemed just like any other Friday in August, one man named Groeschen felt that his left eye began to itch.
At first Groeschen was convinced that the itching is caused by some type of allergy. Still, the next morning when he woke up he noticed that his eye became “goopy”.
He decided to do the smart thing and went straight to the hospital, where it was discovered he had Pseudomonas bacteria spreading under his left contact, and was at the point where he would never see out of that eye again. Luckily they were able to treat it before it spread farther and made things worse, even though I’m sure he was pretty heartbroken at losing his eye. Today Chad is waiting for the rest of the previous infection to heal so he can have a chance at a corneal transplant. If successful, he’ll get some of the vision back, but not all. Even still, it’s got to be better than this.
Remember everyone, do yourself the favor and just remove your lenses before you head to bed. It can be a pain in the ass, but your vision and health will thank you in the long run!

No comments: